The Kaseya Attack and What You Need to Know
Many of our clients might have read the news about the Kaseya ransomware attack that came out in early July. Specifically about the Kaseya VSA server that some Managed IT Providers use to manage their customer’s networks and how it has impacted businesses all over the world. This is a very serious threat that is targeting the Managed IT Services industry and has been a subject of discussion for over a few years now.
- First of all, Century Business Technologies does not partner with Kaseya for our client monitoring and management tools.
- Second, Century has been in consistent communication with our support vendors in making sure they are staying vigilant on behalf of us and our clients, ensuring that all measures are being taken that will help prevent compromised systems due to an attack through our management tools.
- The security of our clients' network and data infrastucture systems is Century Business Technologies top priority. We have found no evidence to suggest that any of our systems are involved or impacted.
If you have any questions or worries concerning your company's security profile please communicate with your Century account manager / vCIO as soon as possible. Staying aware and educated is the best way to help prevent these type of attacks.
July 8, 2021: Malware Scam Campaign & Recent Kaseya VSA Ransomware Attack
Be aware that there is currently a malware scam campaign attempting to take advantage of the recent Kaseya VSA ransomware attack.
- Anyone targeted by this campaign will receive an email with an attachment named “SecurityUpdates.exe.” Under no circumstances should anyone attempt to download this file.
- The email may also contain a link pretending to be an official security update from Microsoft designed to patch the Kaseya vulnerability.
July 2, 2021: Information on the Kaseya VSA Ransomware Attack
As you may be aware, Kaseya VSA is experiencing a REvil ransomware attack impacting MSP customers and end customers.