Century Business Technologies is growing fast and is looking to add a highly focused and customer service driven individual to our Technical Support Team. This position will provide direct client support for our growing list of business clients in the Kansas marketplace along with management of our internal business applications. This position will also have options for personal and professional growth, challenging assignments, training opportunities and the ability to have true ownership of their work. We invite you to become one of our technology rock stars who will continue to develop and expand your skills and impact to our community.
Keys to Success
While previous experience is important, a passion for technology, a desire to deliver amazing customer service and an internal drive for self-development are the real keys to success at Century. We love to grow within and are always pushing our team to grow and achieve more. Our company culture is critical to our success and the following personal attributes will ensure an amazing career at Century Business Technologies.
Service and client focused
High level of communication
Core Values (Integrity, Dedication, Innovative, Adaptable, Team Player)
The Managed Services Tier 3 Engineer is responsible for implementing new technology as well as onsite/remote support for internal/external clients with a focus on a shortened time-to-resolution and detailed documentation. The Managed Services Tier 3 Engineer will work independently on some tasks and as part of a team in others with the goal of supporting all managed clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implementation of new technology for client networks and environments using industry Best Practices and Standardizations.
- Assist with Project Design and Management of installations for customer environments varying from simple to complex.
- Provide consistent guidance and mentoring to level I/II Project and Support Technicians to increase their skillset and knowledge.
- Collaborate with technical team and management to develop and adopt standards and best practices that comply with industry standards, then create documentation for them.
- Identify repeatable tasks and create documentation on the processes and procedures for them that will help to provide support efficiency.
- Work with current Technical Directors to support Century’s entire IT infrastructure including support of in-house software needs.
- Provide level III support for issues that have been escalated. Positioned as the “last line of defense”
- Attends EOL Level 10 and other business meetings to collaborate with fellow support engineers and management team members to develop "best practices" policies and procedures, and to identify and resolve issues to help create a flexible and efficient organization.
- Continuing education in all areas of technology related to the services provided by Century to its customers, including vendor-specific training with a goal of advanced certification within the first 6-12 months of employment, and a focus on Security
Benefits at Century Business Technologies
Salaried, full-time exempt employees, to include the following:
- Competitive Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K retirement Plan - Company match up to 4% after 1 year
- Health & Dental Plan –Premiums subsidized by company
- Short Term Disability & AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Supplemental Insurance (Cancer, LTD, Eyecare, Critical Illness, Add’l Life)– Available
- Life Insurance – Company paid 1x Annual base pay up to $100K
- Cell phone allowance
- 360 Employee Recognition Award Program
- Lots and lots of fun (picnics, parades, holiday and quarterly events, charities and much more)!
While personal attributes are critical at Century Business Technologies, certifications and technical experience goes a long way to finding that right person for our team. Having experience in these areas will help provide quick success at our company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications/training/experience in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Comptia, Microsoft, or other IT field related certification helpful
- 5+ years of broad experience with a variety of software and hardware solutions and adaptability required. 2+ years in a tier 3 capacity.
- Advanced knowledge of current computer and network technology
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; providing exceptional customer service at all levels of an organization
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, detail-oriented and organized
- Team player with the ability to take ownership of an area, following assigned tasks through to successful completion
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Advanced knowledge/installation/configuration/maintenance/troubleshooting of, but not limited to: Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Windows Server Operating systems, Email, DNS, Exchange Server, Microsoft Office products, Office 365, Networking (including Firewalls, VPNs, switching, routing, IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN/WLAN, cabling), Active Directory, Backup & disaster recovery solutions, Antivirus and spyware/malware/system remediation; Virtualization.
- Experience working within Connectwise a plus and mail, Outlook/Exchange 365, Networking (incl. firewalls, wireless, VPN, switching, etc.), Active Directory, Backup & disaster recovery solutions, Antivirus and spyware/malware/system remediation; Virtualization.
If you are looking for an opportunity to advance your career with a growing industry leader, please submit your application to email@example.com.