Century Business Technologies and our business partners are committed to environmental responsibility, both from the document systems we offer and the supplies they utilize. Our manufacturers have won numerous awards for corporate responsibility and sustainability, creating products with high environmental performance and developing unique environmental technologies.
In keeping with our long-standing practice of responsible environmental stewardship, Century encourages recycling of all end-of-life equipment and supplies. We strive to make recycling easy for our customers by providing recycling options of unwanted machines, toner and cardboard. We partner with local recycling companies to disassemble the machines, sort by steel, copper wire, glass, plastic and toner to recycle as much of the device as possible.
When it comes to empty toner cartridges, Century offers a return program for environmentally friendly recycling. Click here for full details and instructions: Toner Cartridge / Container / Maintenance Kit Return Program. Another option you might explore, local recycling facilities are a lot easier to find than you might think. If the neighborhood big box store like Staples, OfficeMax, Office Depot, WalGreens, Costco or WalMart aren’t a viable recycling option for you, or don't participate in an active program, visit Earth911® to find the recycling center nearest you. Earth911.com also offers an easy to use iOS recycling app called iRecycle, which features more than 1,600,000 ways to recycle over 350 materials.
Here are some additional ways in which Century can work with you to help your company go green:
- We provide rules based print management software which allows management to encourage further print reduction and enables organizations to significantly lower costs of the environmental impact of printing.
- Our Managed Print Services will help to increase productivity and leverage your equipment effectivity.
- Improve your internal processes and workflows with our Document Management software, simplifying and streamlining the capture and distribution of document driven information.
- Are you ready to eliminate paper based forms in your office? Century can show you how to turn paper based forms into dynamic web based forms that submit directly into our document and content management solutions. This allows you to access and manage all of your documentation with a click of a button.
- Our professional and creative services team can work with you to customize a special solution that will fit any need or strategy you have in your business.
- Optimize energy efficiency with LED interior and exterior lighting with our LED Services.
Here are some simple things you can do in your office today to help make a difference:
- We recommend setting the print driver default to auto duplexing to reduce print volume, toner and paper waste.
- Route large jobs to high-volume printers and discourage users from printing emails in color.
- Sign up for electronic payment of invoices through our customer e-Info portal.
- Convert paper invoices and statements to electronic, saving upfront costs and eliminating unnecessary printing.
- To save energy, the auto off timer setting automatically turns the device off when the user-specified period of non-use time has been reached.
As Century Business Technologies is passionate in protecting our environment, we also provide other innovative ways to eliminate unnecessary printing, reduce carbon footprint usage, waste or “green spend”, etc. We believe that education and awareness can make a difference in your work place.
Please contact us today for more information on how your business can help in our commitment to the environment.
More on Century’s Products and Services
For more details on our available products and services, check out these sections of our website:
To discuss how we can help make your business processes more eco-friendly, contact us!