Frequently Asked Questions
Click here and click the red Customer Login button at the top right side of the page to order online, email Supply@centuryks.com or dial (785)267-4555. You will need your Equipment ID number to order the correct supplies. If you would like register for our automatic toner replenishment please call (785)267-4555 and make your request.
No. Please make sure unused supplies are returned when upgrading your equipment to avoid being billed when upgrading.
On the front of all Century Business Technologies equipment is a white label with our logo, contact information and an alpha numeric code. (ie: B1234). This code is your equipment ID. It is vital in creating your service call and when ordering supplies.
Please email email@example.com, type “Address change” in the subject area and we will make the necessary change. Be sure to include your contact information in the event we need more information.
Our expert delivery team will remove existing equipment, place your new equipment, connect it to your network, and provide immediate training on your new equipment. Additional training can be scheduled by contacting the local office that secured your equipment.
To pay by credit card, we will need your customer number, located on the invoice you want to pay. Then we will need your credit card number, security code and expiration date, name of the card holder, dollar amount and how you wish to receive your receipt.
Click here to create an account or call (785) 267-4555 or toll free at (844) 731-4555 and we will get you set up fast!
A notification will be sent by email to confirm your service request. A second notification will be sent notifying you that your service request has been completed.
When receiving error codes, restart machine (make sure you hit the main switch generally on left side of machine.) Hard restarts clear a majority of error codes.
First, open and shut the front door. If this does not work, restart the machine (make sure you hit the main switch generally on left side of machine.) If this also does not work, place a service call.
Take a clean, dry cloth and lift the lid of the feeder. Wipe the glass strip where the scanning device is located. This usually eliminates most service calls for lines. If not, place a service call.
If you need a copy of or have a question about an invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and type “Invoice number ____” in the subject area. You will then receive an email including a scan of the invoice or a phone call to answer your questions. Be sure to include your contact information in the initial correspondence.
When it comes to empty toner cartridges, Century offers a return program for environmentally friendly recycling. Click here for full details and instructions: Toner Cartridge / Container / Maintenance Kit Return Program. Another option to explore, local recycling facilities are a lot easier to find than you might think. If the neighborhood big box store like Staples, OfficeMax, Office Depot, WalGreens, Costco or WalMart aren’t a viable recycling option for you, or don't participate in an active program, visit Earth911® to find the recycling center nearest you. Earth911.com also offers an easy to use iOS recycling app called iRecycle, which features more than 1,600,000 ways to recycle over 350 materials.
Touch the utility counter then click job list on right side of the screen. Then touch job details on bottom right of screen. Finally, click scan and then job history.
The default is set to receive only when the transmission fails. You can place a service call to have this edited by a technician.
Send request to email@example.com. Type “Service contract” in the subject area and we will execute your request. Be sure to include your contact information in the event we need more information.
If you are seeking a buyout of your existing lease, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “Please provide Buyout on Lease #___________” in the subject area. Be sure to include your contact information in the event we need more information.
Caller ID is “unavailable”.
Caller refuses to provide phone number for you to call back.
Caller uses high-pressure tactics and insists repeatedly on ordering now.
Caller demands instant payment.
Caller presents “free offer” followed by requirement to pay for something additional.
DSM Encryption is a feature of Century Dynamic's current Secure Mail product. It gives our clients the ability to send sensitive infomation securely through email without the risk of regulatory fines, lawsuits, negative PR and a loss of company intellectual property.
DSM Encryption uses a solution that is hosted and maintained in SysTrust-Certified and SAS-70 type II accredited DataCenters.
- The first method a client can send an encrypted email is by using "Force Phrases". Force Phrases are simple words and phrases that tells the DSM Encryption system to encrypt the email no matter what the content.
- The second method is a Policy-Based encryption. When a DSM Encryption subscriber sends an email with sensitive information within the email, the DSM Encryption system recognizes that information and encrypts the email automatically. Some of the different policies are Social Security Numbers, HIPAA related content, and credit card information. For a list of the other policies that DSM Encryption can use, email us at email@example.com
Recipients who receive an email that has been encypted using DSM Encryption will receive a notification email that they have been sent an encrypted email from you. They are then directed to a website that will allow them to create an account using their existing email address and a password. From there they can read your email message and even reply using the same system.
The default Mitel password is 1234, and you will be required to change it the first time you log into the system. If you would like to keep 1234 as your password, ask your system administrator and they can set it for you.
Yes. There are two ways to do this. One is through integrating your Mitel Communicator with Microsoft Outlook. The other is simply to have an audio .WAV file attached to the email that will be sent to your device.
- FOR OUTLOOK INTEGRATION: Select the Mitel logo in Communicator, then select “Options” from the dropdown menu. In the menu that appears on the left-hand side, select “Outlook”. Then select the “Install” option that is under the header “Voice Mail”. It will take a few minutes for the install and when it is complete you will need to restart your computer.
- FOR EMAILING AN AUDIO .WAV FILE: Click on the Mitel logo in Communicator, then select “Options” from the dropdown menu. Once you select options, you will have a new menu on the left-hand side.
- NOTE: Outlook integration does not give you the ability to listen to your voicemails on a smart device. However, if you listen to a voicemail through Outlook and delete the message, it also deletes from the Mitel system.
Yes. Select the word “View” from the header menu. You will see several “Docking” options to dock Communicator in different places. If you want to make it return to normal, select the Mitel icon where you will find “View” and select the option “Normal”.
If you need your tabs while in a “Docked” mode, select the folder icon in the top menu bar and select “Tab” from the list.
No, anything you add is private to your computer and your computer alone. However, if you pull your contacts from Outlook and include the public folders you may have many of the same contacts as others in your company.
Yes! You can select the voicemail button on the phone you are sitting at. The phone will ask you for a password. Select the pound (#) key. The system will ask for your extension number. You will then be asked for your password followed by pound (#). You will be welcomed to the voicemail box, and you can then select 7-3-1 in quick succession. It will tell you that your extension has been reassigned to this telephone. This will be your phone until you exit, following the same steps as above replacing the numbers with 7-3-2. Or when you sign back into the phone on your normal desk.
It is a feature choice made by the system administrator. If a workgroup call is missed by an agent, the system can be set to automatically log you out of the workgroup. This feature can be turned off by the system administrator or the support staff at Century Dynamic Technology Solutions.
To check your voicemail from another Mitel phone inside your company, start with the same step as with your own phone. Start by selecting the voicemail button on the phone. This will greet you and request a password. Select the pound (#) key. The system then asks for your extension number. Then the system will ask for your password followed by pound (#). You will now be in your voicemail box. Once you have checked your messages and disconnected from the call, the phone will disconnect from your voicemail. This means if you check your voicemail at another phone you don’t have to worry about anyone else getting into your voicemail box.
You have two options. You can have your system administrator create a monitored extension button on your phone or your Communicator software. Either of the options will allow the system administrator to give you an audible tone when the phone is ringing as well as visual cues.
Import your contacts from Outlook by following these steps:
- Click on the Mitel in the top left hand corner of your Communicator
- From the dropdown menu, select “Options”
- From options, it will open a box with a menu along the side where you will find the word “Outlook”
- From Outlook, you will see three options: Contacts, vmail to email, and Calendar
- Check the box for “Contacts” and open the import options
- Make sure you select when you would like sync with Outlook and which folders to pull from
NOTE: The first time you do this it will take some time to pull the contacts depending on the number of contacts you are pulling. When it syncs in the future it will be much quicker.
NOTE: If you are on Outlook 2010, all Outlook Integrations (calendar, contacts, call handling) may or may not work. There is no rhyme or reason to whether it will or will not work, and there is no way around it. If you are on Outlook 2007 you should have no issues. Mitel is aware of the issue and is working towards a fix.
For those of you with 230 model phones and higher, please select and hold your mute button. Using the scrolling button (the top button with two white arrows on the button and no white triangle beside it) you then scroll up and down until one suits you. For those of you with smaller phones, please contact system admin.
Yes, if you have been given permission by your system administrator. If you select one of your five call handling modes, you can see the way your phone is currently routing calls for this Call Handling mode. Let’s say you selected “Out of the Office”. You will need to select the radio button (the dot) in front of always has been selected. You then need to select the button labeled “Edit Destination” and enter in your 10-digit number (no need to enter 9 or 1) and select “OK”. Make sure when you have completed this step that you select “Apply” at the bottom on the screen. This will now forward all your calls to the cell phone number you entered in the Destination box.
Sure, just go to DynamiCare Secure Mail Portal log in with your current credentials, go to the User Options tab at the top, choose Password from the bottom of the drop down menu. Enter your current password, enter the password you want to change it to and click Confirm. We also have a short video tutorial on this subject on our YouTube channel here.
When you receive the quarantine emails, open them up and review each message that is currently in quarantine. If you see one that should be allowed through click on one of the Action items on the far right. If you click on the "Release" link, it will allow that email to come through, but it may be quarantined again. This will allow you to see if it is a legitimate email that you want to allow. If you click on the "& Allow" link, this will allow the sender to send emails and bypass the quarantine altogether. We also have a short video tutorial on this subject on our YouTube channel here.
Go to DynamiCare Secure Mail Portal log in with your current credentials, go to the User Option tab at the top. Choose either "Allow List" or "Block List" from the drop down menu. Click on the "Click here to add a new entry" button to add a new email address to that list.
Go to DynamiCare Secure Mail log in with your current credentials. On the right, click on the "View My Quarantined Messages" link. This will take you to a page of all the emails currently quarantined for your account. From here you can release and/or allow, delete, or delete and block multiple senders and their domains. Be very careful on this page as you could allow a spam message through or block a legitimate email sender.
The DynamiCare Secure Mail Control Panel is a quick way to see how this particular email has been scored by our system. You can also block the sender or their domain if desired. As always, be cautious about your allow and block choices.
The DynamiCare Secure Mail system automatically pulls in your email aliases from your Exchange system.
Its easy to manage your organization's users using DynamiCare Secure Mail! Once your role on the DynamiCare Secure Mail site is changed to that of an Enterprise Administrator, you will notice new links for management purposes.
- You can add and remove users. This feature is not always necessary because Dynamic is already managing your server infrastructure and anytime a new user is added, that user's account is automatically created in the DynamiCare Secure Mail system!
- You can modify allow and block lists for your users and organization. Whenever a new domain needs to be added for either list, you can log into the DynamiCare Secure Mail console to add/remove entries to both lists.
- You can access the quarantine lists. This will allow you to manage the quarantined emails for the users in your organization.
- You can see which emails have been blocked and even release those emails or add the email address or domain entirely.
- You can see the inbound and outbound history for all your users. This allows you to see whether or not an email was sent from your Exchange server. This helps in troubleshooting outbound email problems. You can also check to see if that email from an outside sender ever made it through.
If you see an email in the inbound list, you know that it was received by the DynamiCare Secure Mail system and forwarded on to your Exchange server. These management tasks will help you manage the day to day email problems that your organization's users may run into. As always, if you ever have any problems, or simply want Dynamic to take care of the issue, just call or email and we will take care of it!
The DynamiCare Secure Mail Quarantine Report is fully customizable based upon your organization’s needs. DynamiCare Secure Mail already sends your report on a daily basis, but it also has the ability to send your report at the top of every hour of the day. Or you could have the report sent once every 4 hours, however you prefer.
If you wish to receive your quarantine report at a di!erent time or frequency, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put DSM Quarantine Report Change in your subject line.
Yes, DynamiCare Secure Mail has the ability to handle multiple domains per client.
Yes, you can add aliases to your email account without having to go into your Exchange server and add them there. To add an alias, go to the DynamiCare Secure Mail Portal log in with your current credentials, go to the User Options tab at the top, choose Addresses from the drop down menu. From there, you can see all your existing aliases. If you want to add a new one, go to the User Options tab at the top, hover over Addresses from the drop down menu and choose "Add New Alias" from the menu that pops out to the right. Note: you can only add aliases for domains that your company has associated with it.
Files may be pinned to make them available for offline viewing. To pin a file, tap the pin icon while viewing the file listing. The state of the pin icon indicates the files offline status:
- White Circle: the file has not been downloaded or pinned.
- Divided Blue Circle: the file is being downloaded, the circle fills with blue as the download processes.
- Blue Circle/Gray Pin: the file is not pinned but it has been downloaded and is temporarily available offline.
- Blue Circle/White Pin: the file is pinned and available offline.
If you have any questions regarding your DynamiCare Secure Share subscription, please feel free to contact us. Our FAQ page is updated based upon our clients questions and requests.
Pricing is based on the number of users a company has in their subscription. If you are interested in DynamiCare Secure Share please contact us for a free quote. Trial subscriptions are available too!
- Absolutely! That is one of the key features of DynamiCare Secure Share! There are two ways to share files with others who do not have a DynamiCare Secure Share subscription. First way is to browse on your computer to the "Century Dynamic's Secure Share" listed under your Favorites or found on the desktop icon. Browse to the folder or file that you would like to share, right click, scroll down to "Century Dynamic's Secure Share", and select "Share Link. This will take you to the web console of your synced files. From there you can choose your Share Options. If you would like to put an expiration date on the share, you can do that under Share Options. This will make the download link inactive after a certain date. If no date is chosen, it stays active until you remove the recipients you shared with. Under Share With, you add the emails of the users that you want to share this folder or file with. As you add each recipient you can see them added down below. If you added someone by mistake you can click the X to the right of their name so as to remove them from the email that will be sent. Type in a message if you wish. At the bottom, you can give the recipients the ability to upload data back to that share, or even delete. If you do not choose anything, all they can do is download. Take caution when sharing data with third parties so that you don't give them too much power. Click Save and the recipients will be notified by email of the share.
- The second way to share is to use the Outlook plug-in. Log back into the web console, click on "Download Century Dynamic's Secure Share App" in the black banner at the top, select and download the Outlook Plugin. You will most likely be required to restart Outlook. After you have installed the Outlook Plug-in, you can share directly from your email client! Create a new email and add your recipients to the email. Once you have completed that step, click on the DynamiCare Secure Share icon that says "Attach". From there, browse to the folder or file that you wish to Share and put a check in the box to the left of it. At the bottom of the dialogue box you can change the default settings for this particular email. You can change the number of times the recipient is able to download the file as well as the expiration date.
- To watch how to share files with other users using both methods, as well as how to change your global settings for the Outlook Plug-in, watch this instructional video here.
Yes there are size limits for your DynamiCare Secure Share subscription. Each users is allotted 50GB of storage with a 300MB upload cap. These numbers are default and can be changed based upon each client's need. All this is discussed during the initial setup discussions that Dynamic schedules with a client prior to implementation.
- For installation on a computer, go to your company's individual URL. This is setup during the initial subscription and will look something like this https://companyname.syncedtool.com, log in with your credentials (these are usually the same credentials you use to log into your computer) and at the top of the page, in the black banner you will see a link that says "Download Century Dynamic's Secure Share App". Click on that link and it will take you to the download page. From there select the proper installer.
- After the installer downloads, click run to start installation. Do not change any of the options during the installation. Once the installer completes, you will be required to register the app. This is how DynamiCare Secure Share knows you have a subscription. When the Registration Wizard box starts, click Next, if your subscription is tied to your Active Directory then click on the check box "Use Domain Credentials", type in your domain information including username and password. You may need to gather this information from your administrator. After entering your credentials, leave the option "Typical" selected and click Next. Click Finish to complete the registration. At this point your DynamiCare Secure Share folder should open to reveal your currently synced data, if any. It will also show you the list of shares that you are a subscriber of. This is set by your administrator.
Because of the flexibility of DynamiCare Secure Share, you can use the service in a number of different ways. You can sync files from your desktop, you can sync files strictly in the cloud, you can also sync files from a folder that sits on your server! It all depends on how you or your administrator has decided to set your subscription up. As with any service from Dynamic training is always included. We will work with you to make sure you know how to use the service!
DynamiCare Secure Share uses one of the most secure technologies to keep your data encrypted. It also keeps a history of your changed files so that if you ever need to revert back to a previous copy, you can! In addition to file sharing, DynamiCare Secure Share also does file based backups, which can help you recover data in the event of a system crash.
Century Dynamic has partnered with a leading vendor who has focused on providing a secure data management solution. This partnership was built out of Century Dynamic's own need for centralized secure data sharing among laptops, servers, and mobile devices.
DynamiCare Secure Share allows you to share files across, Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and even Linux systems. So you can access the same file from your Windows laptop as you can your iPad or Android smartphone!
Answer: Yes. You can allow others to share files with you using Guest Accounts.
Here is how.
- Log into your DynamiCare Secure Share web page. (If you do not know what your webpage is, email email@example.com with what is my DSS URL in the subject line and we can get you that information).
- At the top, click on Guests.
- Click on Create Guest.
- Fill in the information. You can click in the check box next to “auto-generate” if you want the system to create the Guest’s account password automatically.
- Click on Save. Your guest will be sent an email with instructions on how to log in.
- While still logged into your DynamiCare Secure Share web page, browse to the folder you want this user to have access to. You can also create a completely new folder for them to have access to if you want to limit what they see. This is usually the best security measure.
- Right click on the file and choose Share. (This can also be done from your computer that has DynamiCare Secure Share installed on it).
- When the Share Access window opens, Expand out Share Options and select expiration date.
- Expand out Share With. In the Recipients window, start typing in the email address or full name of the Guest you just created.
- Type in an optional Message.
- At the bottom, the Guest account will be listed. This is where you assign their permissions. Click the “Can Upload’ box if you want them to share files with you. Choose the “Can Delete” box if you want to give them the ability to delete anything in that folder.
- Click Save.
If you see a file in one of your DSS shares and it has "collision #" in the title, it means that there has possibly been an attempt to save multiple copies of the same file at the same time. Say you have the same file open in two different locations (your tablet and on your computer) and you make a change to one and save it while the other one is still open. DSS will allow both files to be saved, but the one that was saved first will "win". You will notice the file that has been saved second will have the "collision #" in the title. What you need to do is open both files, merge your changes, save the correctly titled document, and delete the "collision" file.
- Log into your DynamiCare Secure Share web management console. To add an user who already exists on your domain, click on Settings > Authentication, select "Import users from an authentication source". Select the server from the drop down box under "Which Authentication Source". Scroll down to Organizational Units > Expand out Active Directory and browse to the container that holds the user in which you wish to add. If you are having trouble finding the right container, contact Dynamic for assistance.
- To create a non-domain users, log into your DynamiCare Secure Share web management console. Select Accounts at the top. Click on "Create Account" and fill in the necessary data. You can auto-generate a password if desired, make sure to set your user's space quota. If you are unsure of what it should be, contact Dymamic. Choose which team shares to add the user to and click save.
- An instructional video on how to create both types of users can be found here.